WTT: non-working Space Wars audio board + $ for a working one

From: Werner Sharp <sharpw_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 22:10:07 EDT

Does anyone have a working Cinematronics Space Wars audio board that they'd
be willing to trade for a dead one and some cash? I have a friend who
needs one for his game. I'm sure it's something easy to fix on the dead
board, it's just hard for me to diagnose it without lugging all my stuff up
to his house. It pops the breakers after a few seconds if it's plugged in.
It also lets out some weird, spooky noises AFTER the power is turned off
(as the capacitors drain out?)

We got his monitor working today and it's the first time I've played that
game. Wow, what fun!

Werner Sharp
sharpw@bellsouth.net