Re: Star Wars Divider Errors + Bad RAM

From: Werner Sharp <sharpw_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 08:15:59 EDT

Hi Douglas,

Did you download the Star Wars troubleshooting guide? That has a lengthy
discussion of the option switch errors and what they mean. Here's a link
to an online version...

http://www.gamearchive.com/video/manufacturer/atari/vector/tech/starwars_tro
ublshooting/starwars_troubleshooting.html

The PDF of the entire manual include the troubleshooting guide is here...

http://www.spies.com/arcade/manuals/index.html

On your 2nd question, I bet there's a buffer chip a (74ls245) that's bad
somewhere. On Atari boards when you have RAM errors and swapping RAMs
doesn't work, it's usually a buffer chip. Check chips 4F and 4H. If it's
not the buffer chip, it could be some address decode logic that's not
working. Using a logic probe to see what's going on might help you out.

Good luck!

-Werner