Re: Amplifone HV

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 16:31:15 EDT

In a message dated 10/14/2001 9:59:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bret@infowest.com writes:

<< I'm trying to nail down some problems w/ two Amplifone HV boards and 5
 deflection boards. I've started by trying to diagnose the HV boards.

 On one HV board, I've recapped and installed a new BU409D (previous owner
 had installed a BU409!). The other I haven't touched yet. >>

     Installing a transistor without a dampener diode can really kill your
HVT, but according to your rings on the tester, the WinTrons seem OK. Are you
getting a square waveform at the base of where the BU406D (or BU409D) goes??
Do you have a scope? How is your +/- 24v? Have you recapped anything yet?