Re: monitor tube 'ears'

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 23:50:04 EDT

If the tabs on the picture tube are damaged it is time to go looking for a
replacement tube (B&W TV's are perfect if the same size and vintage). DO
NOT ATTEMPT TO FIX! Very dangerous!!!!!!!! Boom!

When tossing a picture tube in the trash break the nipple of the tube
located in the base in between the pins of the socket, with a pair of
pliers. Having a thick blanket around the tube while doing this is a good
idea, but I've never had a problem and I've de-vac'ed many a tube. Carefully!

John :-#)#