G05 deflection board help

From: <SVerlander_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 02:00:35 EDT

Hi everyone, I just recently finished my Asteroids project which involved my
first G05 rebuild and it turned out great and is working fine. I had
collected enough parts to put another G05 together and have run across a
problem that I hope someone else has had in the past. The problem is with the
brightness. With the brightness and contrast turned up all the way you can
see only the flying saucer and its fire. You cannot see your ship or any
asteroids. The brightness control has no effect but the contrast will turn
the brightness down. I know the problem is in the deflection board because I
took the one out of my working G05 and installed it in this one and the
picture looks great. I have re soldered all the connector pins, replaced one
of the wire wound resistors which was fried and replaced the bridge
rectifier, the one with the heat sink between the two wire wound resistors
which I believe was bad. If anyone has any ideas I sure would appreciate
them. Also I am going to trade this monitor to someone that has an Asteroids
Deluxe and was wondering if you need to make any modifications to the monitor
to flip the screen or is that done on the AD wiring harness?
Thanks for any help.
Sam