Re: Self Test with Tempest multigame

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 11:33:19 EDT

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Werner Sharp wrote:

> disable the watchdog and see if I can get into test mode. I'm guessing the
> mathbox board is having problems (upside down screen) plus Clay's menu
> works fine but the game itself doesn't run.

As far as I can tell, a working Tempest board will draw an upside-down logo
very quickly on reset, blank, then go in to attaract mode. Normally, you
don't see the upside down logo since the monitor is warming up.

I'm having an occasional problem similar problem on mine that I think is a
bad or loose pokey. Again, when I move the machine to work on it, whatever
is loose is shaken into place, and it starts working again for a few weeks.

-Chris