repairing WG6100 monitor

From: Jon Kotek <jkotek_at_madgenius.com>
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 13:03:25 EST

Received this monitor and was told the P100 fuse keeps blowing on it. On
first check of the monitor R905 and possibly R903 had gotten very hot and
burned up at one time. There had been a "Get well kit" installed recently
because those two resistors have been replaced along with Q901 and Q902 R912
was considerably cooked and testing found to be at 5ohms not 15ohms. I
replaced that resistor and fuse. I then plugged it in and was greeted with a
cooking smell and the fuse then blew again. Opening up the HV cage again I
found the new R912 had cooked again. This is as far as I have gotten. Any
ideas?

Thanks!!

Jon