Re: repairing WG6100 monitor

From: Chris Starr <cstarr_at_capu.net>
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 20:24:34 EST

Grab the 6100 troubleshooting FAQ, a copy of the 6100 manual 3rd edition,
and perhaps an lv-2000 kit (you didn't mention that it had one -- I strongly
recommend one). It definitely sounds like you have a shorted resistor or
cap. I'm not an expert on pinpointing exactly which resistor, but usually
when 1 goes they have a cascading failure on components associated with it
in the same general vicinity. The woodcock FAQ goes into some nice detail on
when a certain resistor goes to check components A, B, C, etc... I would
definitely start there.

URLs for this stuff:

WG6100 manual 2nd and 3rd editions in pdf (the best quality schematics I've
seen):
Gregg Woodcock's faq is there too
www.arcademonitors.com

lv-2000: