Re: Replacement 19" Amplifone tube?

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 21:46:12 EST

Assuming you are attempting to use amplifone electronics with a WG6100
tube:

It's best to use the WG6100 yoke with the 100 degree 19VLUP22 (rather
than an amplifone yoke), as the WG6100 yoke is made for a 100 degree
tube. The amplifone yoke is made for a 90 degree tube and may be hard
to converge if used. The WG6100 yoke wires should plug right in to the
amplifone deflection board. As far as the neck modifications, just
carefully remove the base cap (plastic cap on tip of tube) from the
19VLUP22 tube and replace it with a standard raster style cap (eg, G07,
WG4900, etc.) (or the one off the amplifone tube which is the same as
raster).

Regards,
Noel