Re: Replacement 19" Amplifone tube? tube Base Cap??

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 12:18:43 EST

Thanks to Noel for his kind response. I should have stated things more
clearly - I am replacing the entire WG 6100 monitor in my Gravitar cabinet
with an Amplifone. I have all components (WinTroned HV unit, Delflection
board, Ampifone mounting brackets, and Amplifone yoke) except for the tube.
     I just ordered the 19VLUP22 from Richardson. I'm guessing I will have to
replace the base cap of the 19VLUP22 in order for it to work with the
Amplifone, correct? Also, Richardson says these tubes are "rebuilt".
Is there still a chance of phospher burn on a rebuilt tube? Also, any idea
where I might get a base cap for the 19VLUP22 that will work with the
Amplifone? I don't have any extra old tubes laying around here. Perhaps
someone on the list has one to sell??

Thanks Very Much,
Michael Kelley