Re: Replacement 19" Amplifone tube?

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 21:17:50 EST

Yes, I believe that the consensus from a prior vectorlist discussion was
that there was at least one game which used a low res amplifone. I
believe David Fish discussed this at length. For instance, I believe
that the amplifone manual that came with a set of Quantum manuals (only
covers the 19", but not 25" models) listed a choice of two tube/yoke
combos, one of which is the 19VNJP22. (which I presume is low res, but
am not sure) There was even more than one part number listed for the
yoke, so there appears to be slight variations on the yoke as well. In
fact, I think I picked up one of the slightly different yokes from John
Robertson last year (the one listed to work with the 19VNJP22). I'd
have to check my amplifone manuals to list the various part numbers, but
I don't have those handy right now. I suspect that using the proper
yoke with the proper tube is not that critical, as long as one sticks
with a 90 degree deflection angle tube.

Noel