G05 issue 1 and issue 5 differences!!?

From: Andy Welburn <warlords_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 09:36:55 EST

hi all..

i'm scratching my head here, have a faulty issue 1 G05 pcb, but my other two
monitors are setup to recieve issue 5 deflections.

i have a manual for the 801 and 802/5 but the 801 manual is no use of
course, and the 802/5 only deals with issue 5 boards, and is dated september
1980. The manual on spies also only covers issue 5 boards, and is dated
1982..

my problem is, the keying is different for connector P500, the issue 5 board
has a key on pin 5, wheras the issue 1 board has the key on pin 4. all the
other pins seem to match up to the same purpose, but without an issue 1
schematic, i can't be sure, and i don't want to fry a good hv/tube just
hooking this thing up..

does anyone have an issue 1 manual/schematic/pdf i could borrow/buy ?

or does anyone else know the quick solution to this?

many thanks..

Andy