Star Wars has malformed text

From: David Shoemaker <davids_at_oz.net>
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 17:34:47 EST

Have a SW board that a number of the chars are malformed. I am guessing maybe the EPROM that stores the chars has some bit rot but I would expect that to cause a bit more of a problem than what I am seeing. The corners of the chars don't line up properly so it starts to look klingon or something. None of them are totally messed up (as in no lines that shoot off into space or anything).

Any other ideas?

The rest of the game seems to be ok on vector alignment.