Vector PCB Repair

From: <RSDAINC_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 07:43:51 EST

Hi guys, it's old Vector Virgin back again. Got a couple of items:
1) I have an Armor Attack (Cinematronics) that needs repair. Who out there
has the time to make a few bucks to fix this for me? Here is what happened:
Turned it on. Got sound, but the only thing on the screen were thin horz
lines for the tanks. You could move these lines around and shoot at each
other, but that is all you ever saw. Then all of a sudden there was no
graphics at all. And smoke coming from the PCB. I can see that one of the
resistors on the audio bd burned. Doesn't appear to have damaged the board
its self, but not sure about any other parts. What could have caused this &
who can fix the board?
2) My Battlezone. It's a GO5. Was playing fine except for the bright dot in
the center of the screen. Well, that changed. Everything moved over on the
screen about 3 inches to the left & slightly up, leaving most of the right
side blank. That that does appear is really messed up. It still plays, but
you can not make out what anything is. Any clues or hints here?
Well, I guess that is about it for now. Thanks in advance for the assistance
and hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. Dean