Re: Atari B&W: No HV

From: Anthony Ramos <aramos_at_ele-mental.org>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 14:39:45 EST

Looks like I found the causes of the last few problems:

1. display popping larger and smaller
Apparently the HV diode wasn't making good contact with the spring clips
inside its holder. Re-tensioned the springs, reassembled, now I have steady
HV.

2. sinewave distortion on lines
The cage cover was off. Put the cage cover on, distortion goes away. DUH!!

And to think that blown fuses were the only real failure!

Sorry to bother the experts with my amateur stumblings on this one.
Sometimes the fixes are easy and obvious.

-Anthony R.

--
Anthony Ramos________
600 SE 39th Ave., # 3  \__ aramos@ele-mental.org .. aramos@hyperreal.org