RE: Asteriods losing voltage

From: Mills, Lewis <lmills_at_mail.state.mo.us>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 14:41:43 EST

[I sent this to Dean off-list yesterday; some of you more experienced folks
please add/correct as necessary]

Hi Dean,
Try replacing the 7805 regulator on the Regulator/Audio II board, and the
caps on that board that filter the +5. Probably a good idea to replace the
power transistor on the heatsink as well (from memory, I think it's a
2n3055), and the "big blue" cap on the power/transformer assembly as well.
Bob Roberts has all these parts - some of them in a kit specifically for the
R/A II. You might also want to consider disabling the "sense" circuit (I
think Atari used that in Asteroids; I know it's in BZ and Red Baron).
Lewis