Re: Game Switcher: The Return

From: Anthony Ramos <aramos_at_ele-mental.org>
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 19:04:30 EST

on 04 01 02 17.02, Joe Bachmann at joe.bachmann@newmail.net wrote:

> Do Major Havoc / Black Widow / Gravitar all share the same hardware?
>
> Also, where could I find the schematics for the rom switcher board?

The circuit I designed is *very simple*. You program an EPROM with several
different game programs, and the circuit switches through the different
pages by setting the upper address bits. It doesn't switch any other kind of
hardware in and out. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

I'm going to post the schematic here on the list as a PDF. For a more
permanent home, I should probably add it to someone's Pac-Man page, since
Pac-Man is probably the game with the most ROM-only game swaps.

More to come soon...

--
Anthony Ramos________
600 SE 39th Ave., # 3  \__ aramos@ele-mental.org .. aramos@hyperreal.org