Transistors for G05-801 deflection board - question

From: Phil Morris <phil_at_morris0.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 13:25:33 EST

I'm having a pig of a job finding the MPSU57 and MPSU07 transistors for the
G05-801's deflection board, and as mentioned the other day have been
advised by an electronics friend to use the BD530 and BD529's instead.
After spending ages phoning around electronics components suppliers (in the
UK) I have phone someone who stocks the substitutes.

Can someone with greater knowledge than I please confirm that the BD530 and
BD529 are suitable as substitutes?

I also understand that MJE172/182 can be used, but I have yet to find
someone who stocks them.

Thanks,
Phil