Re: Transistors for G05-801 deflection board - question

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 17:16:19 EST

        Bxxxx is a European transistor, and I've had a hard time, in the
past:

        1) Finding anyone in the US who sells direct replacements for
those transistors (Thomson uses lots of these in their equipment) -- NTE
will cross them for you, but that's the best I've been able to find.

        2) Finding any documentation on Bxxxx series transistors.

        What I can tell you is that both the BD530 and MPSU57 cross to an
NTE189. For some reason, NTEs online cross reference can't cross either
the MPSU07 or the BD529. While I can't give you a definitive answer, the
fact that they both cross to the same part is encouraging. If the BD530
and BD529 are an NPN/PNP pair, then you may be good to go.

        So, your friend is probably right, I just can't prove it 100%

Joe