Re: Tech: G08 Color Controls

From: Tim Tewalt <tim_at_srccomp.com>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 17:54:02 EST

> First time at resurrecting a Sega G80 (Star Trek) so please
> bear with me...

Hey, hey... swapped in some 2114 RAM from a different CPU and got
the self-tests working.

Went to the color test and traced back the "no green" problem
to an open pin in the big molex interface connector on the front,
right side of the cab. Fixed that by popping the pin and flowing
some solder into it. Now I have green.

>From there, I noticed that the red vectors weren't being drawn on
the right half(?) of the screen. Swapped in a different pair of
XY video boards and the problem went away. I'll fumble through
some more schematics tonight and look for some clues there.

Anyway, one week's worth of brown-bag lunchtime troubleshooting
has yielded a working Sega G-80 test mule running Star Trek!

Tim