Re: Copying Asteroids ROM 035127

From: Scott Brasington <arcade_at_brasington.org>
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 22:03:55 EST

And David Fish wrote:
> From the Intel 1982 Component Data Catalog:
>
> 2716-1: 350 ns Max.
> 2716-2: 390 ns Max.
> 2716: 450 ns Max.
> 2716-5: 490 ns Max
> 2716-6: 650 ns Max.

Does anybody know which 2716s fit this criteria? eg. manuf & part#

The reason I'm asking, is I was planning on including a 2716 rev2
vector eprom with each of the Asteroids High Score save kits I'm
doing, but I want to make sure I provide something that is
compatible.

I tried 5 different manufacturers of 2716s last night and four of
them seemed to work, but I don't think any of them are as fast
as 200ns?? and I can't seem to find any place on the web that
sells 200ns 2716s. Only one did not work (NEC 2716). The others
that appear to work fine where OKI 2716, AMD 2716, Hitachi 2716
and Mitsubishi 2716.

I suppose I could double up a 2732A (200ns), but I have almost
400 2716 eproms left over from the double donkey kong days that
I would much rather use up.

Any info on who makes a 2716 200ns and/or how critical this timing
requirement is would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Scott

PS. I finished the extended scoring option for the HS kit last
week. It now supports scores up to 9,999,990. Sample screen shots
on my webpage. http://www.brasington.org/arcade/hs2/asteroids/