a Hello and a recurring 6100 issue.

From: Brian Thompson <brian_at_arcadeobsession.com>
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 13:59:15 EST

First off, I'm new to the list. I've been collecting games for around a
year and a half, got two color vectors in the collection. Pleased to be here.

I'm having a recurring problem with my Tempest's 6100. The deflection
board and HV were both rebuilt with the Bob Roberts kit. Originally, Q100
and/or Q101 were bad.

After rebuilding the monitor, I got about 10 minutes out of it before it
simply went out. No smoke, no blown fuses. Replace Q100 and Q101 (this
time with higher current transistors), I get a few days out of it (maybe
2-3 hours on time) and it fails in the same way. Lather, rinse, repeat.
When the monitor is working, it looks fantastic. No 'wigglies', etc.

If anyone's run into this problem, I'd be interested to hear what finally
fixed it.

Thanks in advance,
Brian