Re: Tailgunner Repair

From: Joe Bachmann <joe.bachmann_at_newmail.net>
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 19:49:50 EST

The 19VARP4 should be able to be rebuilt from Hawkeye, if neeeded, i assume..

The glow in every monitor I have seen has been orange and not white.. Poossibly
too high of voltage or arcing? just guessing.

The resistors probably smoke due to the load they are being put under.

You can check the outputs of the board with you HV probe, volt meters, and
Oscope.

I have used electrolytics in place of tantalums, but I recommend tantalums.
They hold up better and last longer.

JB