Re: Tailgunner Repair

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 20:28:44 EST

On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 19:13:34 -0600, Rodger Boots <rlboots@cedar-rapids.net>
wrote:

>Mark Jenison wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I found the two Cinematronic docs on spies. I reset the breakers and
>> powered it up.
>>
>> Symptoms: sound "explosion" heard, neck begins to glow red AND white,
>> white blob on screen; 1 breaker pops, then the second a few seconds
>> later.
>>
>> A few questions:
>>
>> 1) Is the white glow from the neck normal, or is this bad?
>

>No.
>

>> 2) Are 19VARP4's still available?
>

>I think so, from Richardson Electronics. I just checked their site at
>http://www.rell.com and it says they are on order and $108 each. Since
>when did they add online ordering!?! You might want to give them a call
>at 1-800-222-CRTS or email them at dsg@rell.com

Hmm... I just searched their site for monochrome 19" or greater CRTs and came up
with this as the top of the list match.

    130BEB31

Claims to be a 60" diagonal tube for $195???? Is this for real? Space War on a
60" CRT would be "really neat-o".

-Zonn

(I just typed 130BEB31 into google and came up with a hit that looks like a 5"
oscilloscope tube, oh well...)