Re: One last monitor problem

From: Aaron Howald <ahowald_at_w-link.net>
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 12:29:54 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: <zonn@zonn.com>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 11:03 PM
Subject: Re: VECTOR: One last monitor problem

> To quote from Jed Margolin's Secret Life of Vector Generators:
>
> "In order to have the Death Star explode the way we wanted it to, it wasn't
> enough to draw lots of concentric circles. We wanted to defocus the beam to fill
> it in. We briefly considered adding a vacuum tube to the monitor to control the
> Focus Voltage.

I see I'm not the first to think of that! I'm testing a tube focus system in my
home-brew vector monitor, although slow focus slew rate
is one of the reasons it may have been scrapped earlier...
Also, picture tubes don't like wildly varying voltage there, my test tube can sing
at the right rate...
It's a shame that no HV transistors are made to take over about 2000 volts...

Vector Viper