RE: 6100 LV issues

From: Jeff Hendrix <jhendrix_at_cellport.com>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 19:33:30 EST

Before we came up with the LV2000 solution, I use to replace those parts
all the time.
I had one tempest I had replaced the LV parts 5 or 6 times (this is what
prompted the development on the LV2000)
Ever since then I have never had a problem with a Low Voltage section
(unless it was one I hadn't upgraded yet).
It is possible to beef up the LV section, but even then if something
else goes wrong, it will usually also take out that section.
The LV2000 has over-current protection and will shut down instead of
self-destructing.

-jeff