Re: 6100 LV issues

From: Aaron Howald <ahowald_at_w-link.net>
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 04:19:56 EST

> > Again, I'm interested to see what everyone has to say about the recurring
> > Q100/101 faulure in a 6100.
> >
> > Thanks
> > -Brian
I did a fairly drastic thing, but it seems to work-I have had no failures since.
I modded the driver board to separate the supply for the output transistors
from the supply that runs the drivers on the board (P-317?).
The outputs now run on unregulated power (about +-33 volts)
The driver supply system now is isolated and regulated with +-25 volts.
The driver board itself draws very little, so standard 1 amp regs are used, and hardly get hot.
The mod requires adding some jumpers and cutting traces...

Vector Viper