Re: Ampliphone Help

From: <FZZAP_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 14:19:46 EST

In a message dated 2/11/2002 12:38:52 AM Eastern Standard Time, MKDUD@aol.com
writes:

> << I tested the regs the voltage is 23.98 and -24.01. The R-13 resistor
> burnt
> to a crisp again. There is a small transformer on the hv board. I am
> getting
> 24v into and out of it. Is it possible that the problem is the 555IC? I
> checked all the other resistors and diode and they are fine also replaced
> the
> other transistors. >>
>
> Your voltages seem good at the regs. Do you have a scope so you can check
> for
> a square waveform @ the base of the BU406D? Are you getting a squarewave on
> the 555? You could try using a logic probe if you don't have a scope, this
> isn't 100% effective, but it would show HLP...

  I don't have a scope. Using a logic probe. I am getting HLP at the same
time. If I remember right I assumed the red transformer was the problem so I
removed the transformer, BU406D, and the burnt resistor. I replaced the
resistor then with the transformer and BU406D removed I tested the voltages
of the Regs. The resistor did not burn at that time.

  Any other help would be appreciated.

   Frank