Ampliphone Help

From: <FZZAP_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 21:41:32 EST

Hi everyone,

  I am trying to fix my Quantum. It has a blue HV board. I recapped the
board, installed new regs, and installed a Win Tron Transformer. The
orgional Problem was that the R-13 resistor burnt. It had a Red HV
Transformer.

 I tested the regs the voltage is 23.98 and -24.01. The R-13 resistor burnt
to a crisp again. There is a small transformer on the hv board. I am getting
24v into and out of it. Is it possible that the problem is the 555IC? I
checked all the other resistors and diode and they are fine also replaced the
other transistors.

  Thanks for any guidance you can offer

   Frank