Re: Ampliphone Help

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 00:37:55 EST

In a message dated 2/10/2002 9:43:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, FZZAP@aol.com
writes:

<< I tested the regs the voltage is 23.98 and -24.01. The R-13 resistor
burnt
 to a crisp again. There is a small transformer on the hv board. I am
getting
 24v into and out of it. Is it possible that the problem is the 555IC? I
 checked all the other resistors and diode and they are fine also replaced
the
 other transistors. >>

Your voltages seem good at the regs. Do you have a scope so you can check for
a square waveform @ the base of the BU406D? Are you getting a squarewave on
the 555? You could try using a logic probe if you don't have a scope, this
isn't 100% effective, but it would show HLP...