Re: Re: 6100 Bad HV?

From: LOUIS SRIANOMAI <louisurfer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 05:00:26 EST

Okay,

Close to 1:00 a.m. on the west coast :0

Capped everything before I got your replies, and still same result. Still get
deflection chatter, spot killer off, No neck glow. I've been searching the NG
for all kinds of info, but nothing conclusive yet as I don't know how to check
for a few things...

When I power on, I do get crackly, kinda static on the front of the screen.

Wouldn't a bad flyback cause the same symptoms, no neck glow? The fly or hv
xformer doesn't look cracked, oozing, stinky or anything like that.

I checked P900 1,8 I get 7.5 V on each and when I check P900 5 I get 8 volts.
I think I'm supposed to get 28 on 1,8 and 180 on 5. Maybe I'm not using my
meter right but I have a gut feeling that I'm not getting heater voltage.

I'm kinda lost at this point. I'll pull a good HV off another working wells I
have and see what happens - tomorrow. too late now and I'll probably make a
mistake.

Thanks for the advice so far. If it's a bad tube I guess I can replace it alot
easier than a bad hv xformer.