Re: Lunar Lander 'lightning' display

From: Phil Morris <phil_at_morris0.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 11:59:41 EST

>The original
>ROMs had suffixes such as -01, -02, etc. Mixing such chips may not always
>work; that is, two -01s may not run with two -02s in the same board. The
>checksums may be the same, but not the contents.

I too was thinking along the same lines, but this can't be the case here as
I'm using only one EPROM for testing, namely that at location B1 (it
contains the self-test code), so there's no other EPROMs/ROMs for it to
incorrectly 'mix' with. I've also tried versions 1 and 2 of the code for
said ROM, AND an original B1 ROM that I had but to no avail. (The B1 ROM
from the 2nd LL board was rusty and some of the legs fell off. The one from
the 1st board I removed simply as part of the experimentation to see what
was causing the problem).

I love a good puzzle at the best of times, but this one has me well and
truly beaten.

Any other suggestions are welcome. :)

Ta,
Phil