Cinematronics monitor help

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 22:59:29 EST

Hi all,

I've got an early version Tailgunner monitor here. I was able to borrow a
working Star Castle machine from someone and am using it as a test fixture
for the Tailgunner monitor.

Right now, the monitor stays up for about 10 seconds, with deflection
chatter, no picture. Then the -25V breaker pops (then shortly after, the
+25V breaker).

Measuring voltages, all regulators are outputting the correct voltages
(+/-18VDC, +/-15VDC). However, the +25VDC seems high (about 28 volts).
 The -25VDC is right on the money. However, when the -25 pops, the +25VDC
line dips down to +25VDC.

Unplugging the yoke and retrying, the breakers do not pop, and I get a nice
white dot in the center of the screen.

I've checked the tants, diodes and transistors; they all seem fine.

BTW, the Cine monitor doc on spies says to unplug the harnesses to the heat
sinks and leave the yoke plugged in to get "a smaller picture". I tried
this once before I got this far and it burned up a bunch of resistors.
Isn't this bad to do? Does this work for anyone? Maybe it just works on
the separate-high-voltage version.

--
Mark Jenison