Re: For General Review: Electrohome G08 FAQ

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 22:19:23 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "tom mcclintock" <tomm@mgcap.com>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 6:20 PM
Subject: Re: VECTOR: For General Review: Electrohome G08 FAQ

> Mark,
>
> I have a couple of questions about the G08. :)
>
> First, the G08-003 deflection board rectifier diodes at D400, D401,
> D402, and D403.
> Should these be upgraded to a higher voltage or amp spec, or both? I
> believe it is suggested the comparable rectifier diodes in the WG6100
> are to be upgraded.

I personally haven't seen these fail, and don't have the specs of the diodes
on hand. I wouldn't bother "upgrading".

> Are there any other 'obvious' replacement parts for the deflection or HV
> board?

Just have MPSU10 and MPSU60 on hand.

> Second question relates to the large 20W resistors (R635; R735) on the
> deflection board. Can I assume there are usually two 1.5 Ohm resistors
> tied together in series in a "teepee" fashion to provide greater cooling
> surface area? Is there a more elegant or 'better' solution?

I don't know if the 1.5 Ohm resistors was just because of a parts shortage,
or what. I have seen the 3ohm resistor versions; there is usually that
"glue" between them. I will say that I've seen the 3ohm resistor versions
crack from heat, but I've never seen the 1.5Ohm teepee fail that way.
Considering the parts layout probably assumed a 3ohm resistor version, and
then the 3ohm resistors cracking, I guess one could speculate they decided
that the 3ohm resistors weren't working out so they tried the 1.5ohm in
series to separate them a bit.

> I think those were the only things that came to mind.

Sorry I don't have better answers; I'm pretty much tapped out of G08
information.

--
Mark Jenison