Re: For General Review: Electrohome G08 FAQ

From: tom mcclintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 18:20:10 EST

Mark,

I have a couple of questions about the G08. :)

First, the G08-003 deflection board rectifier diodes at D400, D401,
D402, and D403.
Should these be upgraded to a higher voltage or amp spec, or both? I
believe it is suggested the comparable rectifier diodes in the WG6100
are to be upgraded.

Are there any other 'obvious' replacement parts for the deflection or HV
board?

Second question relates to the large 20W resistors (R635; R735) on the
deflection board. Can I assume there are usually two 1.5 Ohm resistors
tied together in series in a "teepee" fashion to provide greater cooling
surface area? Is there a more elegant or 'better' solution?

I think those were the only things that came to mind.

tm