Re: Amplifone problems...... I'm losing my mind....

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 22:39:23 EST

In a message dated 3/6/2002 10:52:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
joe.bachmann@newmail.net writes:

<< Amplifone HV board. 7824 and resistor get very warm, but don't get
 damaged. No HV. 0 volts at the +24. Wiring harness is good. I am testing a
dead
 short between the +30 side and the +24 side of the harness. All
semiconductors
 have been replaced with known good. All caps are good and all electrolytics
have
 been replaced. Square wave off 555 is fine, but not when cennected with the
rest
 of the circuit - It's just a wave form like an audio waveform. >>

Does this board have diodes at the regs? If you have a shorted one, this
would cause the 0v at the +24reg. Replace this reg ias well as the diode if
the diode is the problem..