Re: Cinematronics Tant Caps, "Russian" Star Castle??

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 04:09:45 EST

The "Russian" Star Castle looks like badly misadjusted pots in the
LF13331 circuit.

Tantalum capacitors don't change much over time. But they CAN go leaky
and blow themselves up. And the older "wet slug" tantalums can cause
some nasty acid damage if they blow up. The "gum drop" type doesn't
have the acid problem.