Re: Star Wars control panel overlay

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 23:38:47 EST

In a message dated 3/13/2002 3:31:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bret@infowest.com writes:

<< On a similar note, I'm also looking into having the yoke thumb trigger
 buttons reproduced as well, also in brass or alum, then powdercoated
 black. >>

I have a friend who does alot of work on scale models. He uses some kind of a
porcelan or plastic(?) to make parts. Some time ago, he made a mold of one
of my NOS buttons, and made several repros. Only bad thing is that this
material is a ivory shade, so buttons are white. Paint does not last long on
these.
However, they are REALLY durable! These buttons have been on an UR that had
the crap played out of it for 2 years. It was on route at a movie theatre for
a long time, and the buttons were installed when "Episode 1" was in the
theatre. They still look and work great on this machine. Virtually no wear!
If anyone is interested, I can take some pics. I don't think it would cost
alot for him to make more.