RE: Star Wars control panel overlay

From: Bret Pehrson <bret_at_infowest.com>
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 01:26:11 EST

Yep -- the stuff is called Alumilite:

http://www.alumilite.com

Big stuff in the miniature camp (war, trains, etc.), and the stuff is
durable. You can buy dyes (black, etc.) to color the resin while mixing
to get it a black color. A lot of well-stocked hobby stores carry the
supplies, a full kit (resin, molding material, etc.) runs about $50,
resin refills are around $30, dyes are around $5 ea.

I looked into this as a possible solution, but it was just too labor
intensive for a large scale run, which I was after.

It is a great product though, worth having around for making a missing
part or two.