Re: WG6100 woes

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 03:45:52 EST

What makes you think you need a transformer? But you MIGHT have damaged
Q905 or Q906. (Q905 would have shorted if anything).

I suppose an open C914 could also have caused your problem.

As for that C913, if it has shorted you should be OK with a plain
ceramic there, but I'd increase the voltage rating. Anything that will
make for a physically larger part will help keep it cool. If you have a
choice you might want to use an NPO part here, more stable over
temperature.