Another set of WG 6100 problems!

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 05:37:26 EST

Hi ...

Well I suppose it had to happen I've had my first (working) vector game for
about a month now ... anyway I was playing tempest last night when the
monitor went down.

The symptoms are that the game plats blind (ie you get sound and the start
buttons flash before you start the game) but there is no picture. The spot
killer LED is on.

The failure of the game was also accompanied by a nasty acrid burning smell
... almost certainly something has smoked!

I'm happy working with monitors but have no experience with XY monitors so
where do I start?

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk