Ball Blazer - other chip?

From: Joe Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 10:28:52 EST

On the Atari 7800 Ball Blazer cartridge, the one with the pokey, there's
also another chip. I am assuming it's the game program chip, and since
it isn't windowed, and therefore un-eraseable and un-reuseable, it's a
PROM and not really useful for anything.

If you're interested, here's the info off the chip (line by line):

C300049-015A
Atari 1987
RP23256 2207
38 8F2 A5

Can anyone please confirm or deny that these are worthless (or not)
before I just pitch all of these? If not worthless, what else could
they be used for? Thanks,

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.net