FS: Asteroids high score save kits with extended scoring

From: Scott Brasington <arcade_at_brasington.org>
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 22:34:41 EST

Production Asteroids High Score Save Kits are now available.

[ Please reply directly to me at mailto:arcade@brasington.org ]

The kit saves all 10 scores and initials and has code modifications
extending the maximum score from 99,990 to 9,999,990.
The kit installs in minutes and does not require any soldering.
See http://www.brasington.org/arcade/hs2/asteroids/?v
(Note: install instructions and photos are still under construction,
new photos will be created in a week or so).

The production version is very similar to the prototype version
I offered to the group back in late February. The biggest
improvement is the kit now uses high quality gold plated machined
pin headers. This is a big improvement over the IDC style
headers used on the production version. The new headers fit
perfectly into the Asteroids CPU socket providing a reliable
connection and a very snug fit.

The rest of the kit is basically the same as the proto version.
There have been no code bugs reported so the production kit contains
essentially the same code enhancements as before just packaged a
little differently. The production PCB is slightly smaller and
has one less chip and uses a smaller EPROM (2764).

It appears that most (if not everbody) that purchased the proto
kits did not need to use the REV2 vector ROM, so the current
plan is that I'm only going to provide a REV2 vector ROM (EPROM)
by special request. There will be no charge for it, however,
it must be requested at the time the kit is ordered. i.e. it
will not be included by default.

The production kits are the same price as my other High score
save kits, which is $45 + shipping. USA shipping is $4 for
USPS priority mail. International shipping is dependent on
the destination country.

I also offer high score save kits for Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr,
Mario Bros. and Zaxxon. Galaga with extended scoring and
Frogger will be available later this year.

I will be offering a Centipede/Millipede Multigame kit, nick-named
"Multipede" in about 6 weeks. Information about all of my kits
is available from my main arcade webpage.

    http://www.brasington.org/arcade/?v

Thanks. Scott Brasington.