Re: Star Wars help.

From: Phil Morris <phil_at_morris0.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 10:44:24 EST

At 15:19 27/03/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Yes, the spot killer stays on for 2 seconds, then shuts off, i am getting
>neck glow, fuses and connections are fine, as for hearing deflection i
>hear a humming, kinda purring sound, i was told that was good. Also i
>adjusted the HV brightness and still nothing =( i havent a clue

Possibly a silly question, but I assume you can locate the monitor's
brightness and contrast controls and ensure they are correctly adjusted?

Note: if you end up with a bright spot in the centre of your screen, turn
the brightness *down* or you could damage the inner phosphor coating and
end up with a permanent mark on the tube!

If as you say the spot killer is going OFF after a couple of seconds then
that indicates that the monitor is getting a good signal.

You might also want to look at the relevant monitor FAQs on this site:

http://www.ionpool.net/

It's an excellent resource for all kinds of technical information.

Phil