RE: Blinking/fading Asteroids ......... monitor problem

From: Steve Coule <steve_at_coule.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 17:49:43 EST

Phil et Al,

I have exactly the same problem with my G05-801 ...

Mine also has another problem and I wonder if you could check yours to see
if it's just a single problem I'm chasing? If the ship is in the middle of
the screen pointing up and you fire a single shot, does the ship appear to
recoil (move about 3/4mm) when the shot leaves the top of the screen and
enters the bottom of the screen? Once the shot disappears the ship returns
to it's normal position. The same thing happens if pointing sideways and
firing a single shot but the ship "recoils" horizontally. This is
noticeable as a fidgeting ship during gameplay but less obviously!

Again, it's not the board - tried many and they're all fine in a cocktail
cabinet.

Cheers,

Steve