WG6100 - no picture.

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 20:52:13 EDT

Well, here's another one I can't seem to figure out. I decided to take
a perfectly working WG6100 and install a LV2000 kit along with new caps
and power transistors. Everything seems to work right, but I get no
picture now.

Here's what I found so far.

1) LV2000 seems to be working ok. Before plugging all the connectors
in, I was getting +/- 26 volts
2) Plugged everything now
    1) Spot killer light does not come on
    2) No fuses blow
    3) I get ~18.5 Kv at the anode - so high voltage is working
    4) Focus gets about 5Kv.
    5) +25v on pin1 and -25v on pin8 of the P900 on HV cage
    6) ~168v on pin 5 and about the same on red, blue and green guns
    7) Deflection chatter is present and there is a faint glow in the
CRT. Not as bright as I would suspect.

    8) The only fishy thing I've found so far is the red wire coming
from P901 of the HV cage to the neck board is only getting about 60v
with brightness turned all the way down and about 160v with brightness
turned all the way up. The schematic says it should be about 544v.
Since it's coming from the brightness pot, it would make sense that the
problem might be the brightness. Just to verify though, could someone
confirm for me how high the brightness voltage should be before a
visible picture appears?

If it isn't the brightness, I'm completely lost on this one. Geez, all
I did was install a cap kit. This monitor was perfectly fine before.

Matt