Re: Please help with Gravitar vectors

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 23:25:38 EDT

In a message dated 5/8/2002 10:03:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mccullar@flash.net writes:

> Do you have an oscilloscope? I recommend looking at the voltages coming out
> of the 7815 and 7915 regulators. They should be smooth, flat DC (+15 volts
> and -15 volts). If they're not, check your inputs. What do your + 22 VDC
> and - 22 VDC look like? Are they wavy as well?
>
> Can you verify that the problem is indeed on the motherboard and not coming
> from the power supply?

     Thanks for the response.

     Yes, I have a 100mhz scope. Waveforms of the +/-22vdc look fine at the
audio reg. Waveforms at the +/-15 v on the board look fine. I'm 100% positive
it's the board.
     I have a working Black Widow board that runs fine in this cabinet, so I
know the problem is NOT the audio reg or the power supply - (Replaced big
blue on power supply about 2 years ago). This cabinet also runs my Space
Duel and Major Havoc boards perfectly.

    One other thing; in attract mode, the problem will clear up and return at
the EXACT same times. Things get normal for a few seconds after the planet
zooms in when the player's ship is near the surface. Then, things gets wavy
just as the enforcer ship shows up after the player ship explodes on the
planet's surface - this is making me think the problem is not AVG related. I
can get the problem to return (and produce the symptoms shown in my test mode
pics) by manually tripping the reset on the board.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MK