Please help with Gravitar vectors

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 21:16:02 EDT

Hello,

     Please help if you can. I've got a Gravitar board that I can't seem to
get anywhere on. I know the problem is on the game board and not the display.
I have swapped all roms, 6502A, ram, AVG controller (137179), and all
voltages are fine.
     I'm getiing no ram or rom errors. I am getting pulsating wavy lines,
text on the screen in the areas that are distorted are unreadable. I don't
think this problem is in the AVG. Here are some pics, hopefully somebody can
suggest to me what to check or where the trouble might be.

<A HREF="http://www.members.aol.com:/mkdud/gravitar/gravsq.jpg">http://www.members.aol.com:/mkdud/gravitar/gravsq.jpg</A>

<A HREF="http://www.members.aol.com:/mkdud/gravitar/gravgrd.jpg">http://www.members.aol.com:/mkdud/gravitar/gravgrd.jpg</A>

     The distorted vectors are "dancing" , and are not still. Does anybody
know how to put the board in SA mode to get signatures from the state
machine, vector halt and go flags, etc? I'm following the manual, but can't
seem to get the board into SA mode.
Please help if you can,

Thanks,
Michael Kelley