Re: Please help with Gravitar vectors

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 12:38:49 EDT

In a message dated 5/9/2002 8:32:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
raiford@mindspring.com writes:

> It almost looks like a problem with the DACs. Before you mentioned that it
> actually clears up for a short period, I was convinced that it was
> something in the vector output section. It might still be there, but I
> wouldn't have expected it to ever clear up.

     Thanks for the responses. I am posting another picture; the pics on the
left side are of the bad boards x and y signals, the pics to the right are a
working boards x and y signals. This clearly shows that the problem is in
BOTH the x and y section.

<A HREF="http://www.members.aol.com:/mkdud/gravitar/gravxygb.jpg">http://www.members.aol.com:/mkdud/gravitar/gravxygb.jpg</A>

      I checked the outputs of the LS273 (E8, goes to DAC 8) and they are
identical on both boards. I'm going on Jon's suggestion that the problem
might be in the vector output section, and I'm going to try replacing the
DAC08 to see if this might be the trouble, since it involves both the x and y
section. I'm also going to pull and test CR4 (914 diode off the DAC08) to see
if this might be leaky. If this doesn't help, I'm going to have to look into
the state machine, etc. Does ANYBODY know how to get signatures from these
sections as listed in the schems?

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You Very Much,
Michael Kelley