RE: lowest price on H1812 or cross?

From: Mills, Lewis <lmills_at_mail.state.mo.us>
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 13:10:31 EDT

Moyer Electronics still shows the SK7330 for $5.27, but I just got an email
from them saying they don't have any, and don't expect to get any. I picked
up a couple of extras at that price a year ago - now I'm glad I did! The
SK7330 is no longer being made, neither is the original H1812, nor the
NTE/ECG sub. I'd say $12 is not a bad price; they may not be available a
year from now at any price.

Here's some data sheets that might help somebody find a currently available
cross:
data sheet for the original Varo H1812 is at
http://www.freetradezone.com/design_center/images/pdf/D0162042.pdf
data sheet for the NTE527A is at
http://www.freetradezone.com/design_center/images/pdf/D0079746.pdf
data sheet for the SK7330 and 7333 is at
http://www.freetradezone.com/design_center/images/pdf/D0151986.pdf
My guess is that any silicon diode that can handle 30kv with a recovery time
of better than 200ns (maybe 150?) or so ought to do. Maybe one of these:
http://www.edidiodes.com/HiVoltage/RVF.html?
HTH,
Lewis